What is the lifestyle like? Social events, shops, sporting clubs etc.
Nhulunbuy is a small mining town set in a seaside paradise. It has all the basic necessities like a chemist, Woolworths, butcher, cafe, bakery, restaurants, a hairdresser, vet, GP Clinic, Hospital etc. There is a website called Gove Online which has the small businesses on it, it’s worth looking at and has quite a bit on Gove/Nhulunbuy.
Sport, socialising and the outdoors is really the heart of Gove! Being a mining town the population is young and affluent, with the average age in the mid 30s. You will be invited to play sport, which can keep you as busy as you would like, with something offered just about every day of the week and plenty of variety to choose from. Gove is a small and extremely social community, everything being within a 5minute drive. BBQs, fishing and camping are a way of life here!
Relocating to Gove
Nhulunbuy/Gove is on the coast of Arnhem Land. A quick YouTube search of ‘Welcome to East Arnhem Land’ will provide you with a short video about the area and has information on travelling to Gove via plane or car. There are also quite a few different YouTube clips that you can take a look at regarding driving into Nhulunbuy and the various tourist options around.
Additionally, Northern Territory Primary Health Network offers significant relocation grants to successful applicants. We are based in MM7 so relocation grant can be up to $5000 for singles, $7000 for couples and $10,000 for families. Further details are available here or by contacting NTPHN.
What are the accommodation options?
We offer the option of a 2 Bedroom Unit (If required we may be able to offer some alternate options depending on availability). You would be responsible for payment of utilities and the rental cost can be included as part of your salary package, conditions of which would be outlined when a formal offer is made.
Should you want to move out with a flat mate or live independently we continue to provide a $200 accommodation allowance should you choose to seek these alternative accommodation options.
What is the average rent in Gove/Nhulunbuy for a 2 bedroom unit?
The weekly rent for a 2 bedroom unit is approximately $400. However, this type of accommodation is very difficult to come by so acquiring accommodation through the business is recommended. East Arnhem Real Estate is a private real estate agency that will be able to give you a realistic idea of the rental market. Keep in mind that APS provides $200 towards your accommodation per week if you choose to acquire accommodation independently.
How much leave do you offer per year and how flexible is it?
We allocate 4 weeks leave per year and 10 working days of unpaid PD leave per year.
There are excellent grants available for health workers in rural and remote areas such as Nhulunbuy and Professional Development flights, accommodation and course fees are all able to be reimbursed by NTPHN. See here for further details.
We are flexible with leave dates however request that Therapists provide as much advance notice as possible to ensure minimal disruption to our clients and their treatment.
I haven’t had Pilates training, is that an issue?
At Arnhem Physiotherapy Service we run Reform Pilates classes. Training and previous experience in Pilates would certainly be beneficial. However, if not we would look at training options for you so that you are able to progress to running Reformer Pilates.
What would the salary be if I was successful?
This will depend on the specific conditions of employment, women’s health and other qualifications at the time of employment, agreed KPI targets and your references pertaining to your private practice qualifications. You can contact our clinic to request a copy of our Remuneration Rates overview which outlines the different Levels and associated pay points. However, a formal offer will be made once the above conditions are resolved.
If I pay for the courses upfront myself, will I be reimbursed?
There are excellent grants available of up to $10,000 for health workers in rural and remote areas such as Nhulunbuy and Professional Development flights, accommodation and course fees are all able to be reimbursed by NTPHN. See here for further details.
Am I able to bring my dog with me?
This will need to be confirmed in regards to what accommodation is available. If you let us know at time of application, we will do our best to accommodate wherever possible.
Northern Territory Primary Health Network Relocation Grant Requirements
- The vacancy needs to be registered with NT PHN, and identified as an eligible position.
- The NT PHN need to be involved in the recruitment process, before a contract of employment is offered to the candidate:
- The candidate needs to register with the NT PHN and complete our candidate credentialing process.
- We will confirm if the candidate is eligible for the grant.
- We will provide the employer and candidate with information about the eligible grants.
- The employer will need to offer the candidate a contract of employment with a minimum 12 months, with a minimum of 0.4 FTE.
- The candidate will need to complete the grant application form and enter into a grant agreement with the NT PHN for grant funding, known as a retention support package of funding over a maximum of 2 years.
Roles and Responsibilities for the Candidate
The candidate will:
- Complete an application form, providing personal and professional information.
- Provide details of two professional referees from recent practice or training.
- Confirm, where required, necessary registration and insurance details.
- Take up a position and enter into an employment contract with the employer with a minimum 12 month commitment.
- Repay the value of retention support provided should they leave the programme within 12 months of commencement of work.
- Complete and return evaluation forms including commencement and exit surveys.
* It is suggested that candidate also contacts the Nursing and Allied Health Recruitment and Support team at the NT PHN and registers their expression of interest for the position. Email: email@example.com
Roles and Responsibilities for the Employer
The employer will:
- Advise the funded entity or its contracted delegate of position requirements for the employment arrangement and complete an employer profile.
- Agree to advise the funded entity of any changes to the employment arrangement and/or the candidate once the position is filled.
- Work in a timely manner with the funded entity or its contracted delegate and candidate.
- Agree to assist the candidate with retention supports offered via the programme, such as access to CPD.
- Enter into an employment contract with the candidate with a minimum 12 month commitment.
- Provide a copy of the employment contract to the funded entity or its contracted delegate that includes details of the package offered.
- Complete and return evaluation forms.
If you have any further questions please call us now on 08 8919 4727 and chat to one of our amazing team members.